MC5600 Vehicle Classifier System
Over 20 years ago, our talented team of engineers pioneered an effective new approach to traffic data collection: store every axle and process data afterwards through powerful software. Through our efforts, the MetroCount tube counter has become the reference point for the worldwide traffic industry.
Funding Applications with Volume Data
Road Surfacing based on Classification
Speed Monitoring for Road Safety
Assessing Gap-Acceptance Capacity
Record now. Analyse later.
Unlike traditional classifiers and counters, MetroCount systems do not process traffic data at the roadside, but rather precisely logs the time every axle hitting the tubes. During post-analysis, the MetroCount Traffic Executive™ software is interpreting these time stamped axle hits, providing a clear overview of the traffic.
This retrospective approach frees you from instructing field staff on your required traffic parameters, lets you make intelligent choices after “playing with the data”, and enables you to reanalyse data with the latest software.
- Sensor type: Pneumatic tubes
- Sensor spacing: 800 – 1200mm
- Time resolution: Better than 1ms
- Memory: Up to1 million axles
- Internal battery: 4 D alkaline cells
Road Case & Main Unit
- Stainless steel case: 350 x 124 x 95mm
- PVC main unit: 243 x 107 x 82mm
- Total weight: ~ 4.15kg
- Running temperature: -10°C to 60°C
- Running humidity: 0 to 95%