Exciting new technologies at AITPM Traffic and Transport Conference 2019
This year’s AITPM National Traffic and Transport Conference held in ever-progressive Adelaide was a colossal success.
With record breaking numbers of attendees, many being young professionals, the 3-day event was packed with thought-provoking presentations and workshops, city tours and a bunch of fun social events.
Sustainable transport models
A strong focus on sustainable transport models was evident including:
- a human approach to customer-centric public transport,
- improving cyclist safety,
- infrastructure planning for new e-mobility devices, and
- pedestrian protection at intersections.
Emerging traffic technologies
But even more exciting to observe was the seemingly never-ending list of emerging technologies helping to improve traffic and transport management. Things like:
- road safety auditing using Virtual Reality,
- digital ink smart signage, and
- the use of autonomous, zero emission vehicles
encouraged delegates to continue improving what they do for the future.
New and exciting MetroCount technologies
For us at MetroCount, improving our range of road, cycle and pedestrian data technologies is also never ending. We released our brand new four-tube vehicle classifier at the conference in response to countless requests for a way to easily and accurately survey multi-lane carriageways.
We also gave visitors to our booth a sneak peek of the online traffic analytics platform we are currently developing. This innovative tool is designed to:
- automate traffic data analysis;
- allow multi-site comparisons with map-based visualisation of traffic data;
- streamline site management and offer secure archiving of raw data.
This web app will be available soon for Local Governments and contractors to simplify data analysis and achieve better insight into road and cycle traffic monitoring.
Thanks to all our current clients and interested professionals who came to chat with us at the conference. It was great to hear your needs and see your excitement for the new traffic data solutions we’re offering. We look forward to helping you continuously improve your traffic data collection and analysis.