This policy applies to all persons working for us or on our behalf in any capacity, including employees at all levels, directors, officers, agency workers, seconded workers, volunteers, agents, contractors and suppliers. MetroCount strictly prohibits the use of modern slavery and human trafficking in our operations and supply chain. We have and will continue to be committed to implementing systems and controls aimed at ensuring that modern slavery is not taking place anywhere within our organisation or in any of our supply chains. We expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
We expect everyone working with us or on our behalf to support and uphold the following safeguard measures against modern slavery:
- Adopting a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery in our organisation and our supply chains;
- Taking responsibility to prevent, detect and report modern slavery in any part of our organisation or supply chain;
- Taking responsibility not to engage in, facilitate or disregard modern slavery practices in any part of our organisation or supply chain;
- Committing to engage with stakeholders and suppliers to address the risk of modern slavery in our operations and supply chain;
- Assessing whether the circumstances warrant the inclusion of specific prohibitions against the use of modern slavery and trafficked labour in our contracts with third parties.
- Assessing whether necessary to require in writing that our suppliers comply with our Anti-slavery and Human Trafficking Policy, which sets out the minimum standards required to combat modern slavery and trafficking;
- Verifying that employment and recruitment agencies and other third parties supplying workers to our organisation or our suppliers comply with our Anti-slavery and Human Trafficking Policy;
- Considering whether circumstances warrant us to carry out audits of suppliers for their compliance with our Anti-slavery and Human Trafficking Policy.
Breach of Policy
If we find that individuals or organisations working on our behalf have breached this policy we will take appropriate action for the best outcome. This may range from considering the possibility of breaches being remediated to terminating such working relationships.